This year Abbi opted for low key. We asked and asked and offered to throw her a party… but she said she was saving up all the birthday points for a LARGE Sweet 16 (which she would have gotten anyway for those who may not know better). In the end, we agreed to no party hats and let her chose the day/ evening. Dinner out (she picked a favorite spot in Old Town for some yummy Mexican food), gifts, some makeup and cash- don’t I know my girl! Nate came home (surprise) with 4 of these adorable and super yummy personal sized bunt Cakes from a little place here called Nothing Bunt Cakes- clever. Abbi requested that I actually make her a cake (she knows how to torture me), so being the Queen Birthday Bee that she was… I did so. Went for the retro/ vintage look. All and all I think Abbi had a great birthday. I look forward to many more, although it more difficult as she becomes a grown-up. Princess parties were so much easier. It is bittersweet to say good bye to her young childhood and greet her adolescence-on-the-way to adulthood (and sometimes all the complications that brings with it for the next few years). I am sure of this though; my Abber’s is beautiful,, smart, kind and funny… she will be an awesome woman and I can’t wait to celebrate number 15! However, as noted before on this blog- we would not mind if time slowed its pace a little though. Happy Birthday Abbi from Nate, Mom and the Fish!!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Birthday Girl!
Abbigail turned 14… how does that happen? One day she is toddling around like Fisher and the next she is a young lady who stands near as tall as me. Soon she will be driving; not only us crazy but a vehicle! Yikes!
This year Abbi opted for low key. We asked and asked and offered to throw her a party… but she said she was saving up all the birthday points for a LARGE Sweet 16 (which she would have gotten anyway for those who may not know better). In the end, we agreed to no party hats and let her chose the day/ evening. Dinner out (she picked a favorite spot in Old Town for some yummy Mexican food), gifts, some makeup and cash- don’t I know my girl! Nate came home (surprise) with 4 of these adorable and super yummy personal sized bunt Cakes from a little place here called Nothing Bunt Cakes- clever. Abbi requested that I actually make her a cake (she knows how to torture me), so being the Queen Birthday Bee that she was… I did so. Went for the retro/ vintage look. All and all I think Abbi had a great birthday. I look forward to many more, although it more difficult as she becomes a grown-up. Princess parties were so much easier. It is bittersweet to say good bye to her young childhood and greet her adolescence-on-the-way to adulthood (and sometimes all the complications that brings with it for the next few years). I am sure of this though; my Abber’s is beautiful,, smart, kind and funny… she will be an awesome woman and I can’t wait to celebrate number 15! However, as noted before on this blog- we would not mind if time slowed its pace a little though. Happy Birthday Abbi from Nate, Mom and the Fish!!
This year Abbi opted for low key. We asked and asked and offered to throw her a party… but she said she was saving up all the birthday points for a LARGE Sweet 16 (which she would have gotten anyway for those who may not know better). In the end, we agreed to no party hats and let her chose the day/ evening. Dinner out (she picked a favorite spot in Old Town for some yummy Mexican food), gifts, some makeup and cash- don’t I know my girl! Nate came home (surprise) with 4 of these adorable and super yummy personal sized bunt Cakes from a little place here called Nothing Bunt Cakes- clever. Abbi requested that I actually make her a cake (she knows how to torture me), so being the Queen Birthday Bee that she was… I did so. Went for the retro/ vintage look. All and all I think Abbi had a great birthday. I look forward to many more, although it more difficult as she becomes a grown-up. Princess parties were so much easier. It is bittersweet to say good bye to her young childhood and greet her adolescence-on-the-way to adulthood (and sometimes all the complications that brings with it for the next few years). I am sure of this though; my Abber’s is beautiful,, smart, kind and funny… she will be an awesome woman and I can’t wait to celebrate number 15! However, as noted before on this blog- we would not mind if time slowed its pace a little though. Happy Birthday Abbi from Nate, Mom and the Fish!!
Posted by
The Fish of Fisher and Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment